Welcome to Connect2Learn Unit 03
Theme: Social Organization
Topic: Access to Education
Thanks for joining this collaborative, flexible learning unit! Let’s embark together on a fascinating journey into issues of access to education and ponder how they impact our lives and those of others. Ready? Set? GO!
In a cohort of enthusiastic learners from various schools and many countries, you will wrestle with some enduring understandings about access to quality education in various parts of the world. Are you one of the lucky ones? [BTW – click on any word to highlight it and TAP your Mac track pad with three fingers to access the dictionary]
You will discuss possible answers to inquiry questions and you will inevitably pose more questions yourselves. Ponder them, absorb the variety of perspectives you will encounter, and reflect on the broad learning experience, the knowledge, and the skills that you will gain or hone during this time.
Check out the list of activities:
- Introduce yourself and meet your forum group. Download the FLIPGRID.com app to your phone & familiarise yourself with it.
- Examine a cartoon and learn about its schema.
- Read a short story and a few articles.
- Watch a few video clips.
- Share newly gained knowledge.
- Listen to excerpts of a documentary and TV report.
- Explore discrimination in education by gender and race.
— Izaak Walton
Meet your flexible learning facilitator, Mrs. M.