Welcome to Connect2Learn Unit 02
Thanks for joining this collaborative, flexible learning unit! Let’s embark together on a fascinating journey into a variety of lifestyles and ponder how each one would impact our lives. Ready? Set? GO!
In a cohort of enthusiastic learners from various schools and many countries, you will wrestle with some enduring understandings about lifestyles people choose to lead – which one is right for you.? [BTW – click on any word to highlight it and TAP your Mac track pad with three fingers to access the dictionary]
You will discuss possible answers to inquiry questions and you will inevitably pose more questions yourselves. Ponder them, absorb the variety of perspectives you will encounter, and reflect on the broad learning experience, the knowledge, and the skills that you will gain or hone during this time. Check out the list of activities:
Session 1, Session 2, Session 3
- Introduce yourself and meet your forum group. Download the FLIPGRID.com app to your phone & familiarise yourself with it.
- Read a choice of articles and share newly gained knowledge.
- Practice listening comprehension on a TEDx talk
- Practice listening comprehension on rap songs and transcribe what you hear.
- Collaborate on a survey.
- Express your opinions in writing and in oral form.
Ensure you also check out the Student Guide and the TOOLS page for helpful tips on apps you’ll need, and also some essential netiquette.
Most of all, enjoy your collaborative learning and the quest for greater intercultural understanding!
— Izaak Walton
Meet your flexible learning facilitator, Mrs. M.